Real Time Charting of kdb+ Database Tick Data using sqlDashboards
We are going to create a sqlDashboard to display both the latest stock prices and historical data as retrieved from a kdb+ database. Kdb+ is a specialised time series database particularly suited for storing and analysing tick data.
Creating a SQL Dashboard for the kdb+ Database
In this demo we:
- Have a database that stores historical stock data and pulls the latest live prices from yahoo finance.
- Add our database server to sqlDashboards
- Add Chart Widgets
- Time series graph of latest prices today for one particular stock
- Candlestick chart of latest 60 days Historical Open High Low Close prices and volume for a single stock.
- Time series graph of adjusted close price history since stock symbol was created.
- Use forms to allow the user to select particular stocks